Thursday, March 27, 2008

South Carolina, here we come!

A couple of years ago, and again last spring, Corey and I talked about possibly moving to one of the Carolinas. The only thing stopping me from really wanting to just go for it was my family. I didn't want to take my kids away from my parents and sister and vice versa. Of course I'd miss them (all of them-not just my parents and Kerri), but I knew I'd be ok if I didn't see them all the time. My kids on the other hand, that I wasn't too sure about.

But then last week, I started thinking about it again. New England is just too damn expensive - not to mention COLD! I am sick of the winter and tired of being cooped up in the house with my kids all day. I want to get out and enjoy the outdoors. Go for walks, have picnics or just lounge in the sun. Here, winter comes in November and stays through April. We spend 6 motnhs of the years waiting for the other six months. Bah!

Oh, but in South Carolina. Shorter winters, barely any snow (I HATE SNOW!) and beautfiul 75* days in April and November. Average highs of 55 in February. Ahh...that's what I am talking about.

And the housing! Goodness! I did a search with our criteria in some towns around here and one hit for a dump in Warwick. In South Carolina, tons of them. You wouldn't believe the house I saw today for $129,900. I sent C the link and we both fell in love.

Of course, that house is out of the question. We won't be making this trek until after next tax season. We have a few things to set in place first, so that is looking like the time we will go. We can't wait!!!

No comments: